Cost of IUI in DelhiPosted Mar 06, 2020
IUI or intrauterine insemination is the process in which motile sperms of husband are placed inside a women’s uterus at the time of ovulation. This process is done painlessly using a fine catheter under ultrasound guidance to ensure correct placement. The sperms can then travel to fallopian tubes & fertilize eggs, hence conception happens naturally. Ovarian stimulation can be done prior to IUI to increase your chances of conceiving.
When is IUI done?
- Male Infertility – Milder cases
- Unexplained infertility (Duration less than 3 years)
- Mild endometriosis
- Sexual dysfunction (vaginismus, ejaculatory issues)
- Donor IUI
What are the chances of pregnancy with IUI?
While with natural cycle IUI, pregnancy rates are in the range of only 8 - 10%, with controlled ovarian stimulation with gonadotropins, pregnancy rates are as high as 25 - 30% can be achieved.
How many cycles of IUI can be done?
In patients with unexplained infertility or male infertility, It is recommended to try at least 3- 4 cycles of IUI treatment before moving on to IVF. While in patients undergoing donor IUI or IUI for sexual dysfunction like in vaginismus or ejaculatory dysfunction, they can go for as many as 6 cycles of IUI.
Process of IUI in Nutshell
- Day 2 - An ultrasound scan is done to confirm dormant ovaries or ovaries with no cyst in them. Your doctor will be starting ovarian stimulation medicines for you.
- Day 9/10 - Follicular monitoring is done, starting from day 9 to day 10 to look for follicular growth and to time ovulation. When the follicle reaches a size >18mm, HCG or trigger injection is given to initiate the process of ovulation IUI is done 36 hrs after the trigger.
- Day of IUI: The husband will need to come in the morning to give his sample. The process of sperm preparation takes approximately 90 min to 120 minutes, after which sperms are injected inside women’s uterus. It is an outpatient procedure done under ultrasound guidance without anesthesia.
- AFTER IUI CARE – So in total IUI process need approximately 3 – 5 visits. There is no anesthesia or surgery involved. There is no need to rest after IUI and there is no diet restriction
COST OF IUI
The cost of IUI can be divided into three heads
- Cost of doctor consultation and ultrasound monitoring of follicles.
- Ovarian stimulation drugs.
- Laboratory charges
The cost of IUI can range from Rs.5000 to 15000 depending on the medications & the type of laboratory.
To increase your chances of conceiving with IUI treatment and for further queries, please consult our fertility expert Dr. Prerna Gupta, the best IUI doctor in Delhi.